Monitoring Kubernetes - Release History
4.0.24 - 2018-05-05
Requires collectorforkubernetes version 4.0 or above
- New dashboard: Cluster/Audit
- New dashboard: Cluster/Kubernetes API Server
- New dashboard: Cluster/Kubelet
- New dashboard: Cluster/etcd
- New dashboard: Cluster/Scheduler
- New dashboard: Cluster/Controller Manager.
- Include image name, when list containers.
- Added syslog component to the list of host logs.
- Fixed: Include Daemon Set on Overview dashboard, list of namespaces.
Collector updates (4.0.171):
- Collecting metrics from Prometheus format.
- Add HTTP read timeouts (handle gateway timeouts, 504).
- Correctly parse HTTP Event Responses when one of few events fail to be indexed (as an example, wrong index).
- Performance optimizations.
- Optimize payloads for higher write throughput.
- Fixed: reduce the number of calls to Kubernetes API Server.
- Fixed: fail to parse the latest line in the JSON log.
- Better error handling incorrect configurations.
- Failed to parse memory limits (Failed to parse memory=000k for the container).
- Collecting Kubernetes events from the cluster once by using collector addon.
- Fixed: Messages "WARN ... proc.go:441: Unparsable line from /rootfs/proc/X/status" caused by new Linux kernel that reports empty line in proc file system.
- Fixed: Incorrectly parsed Limits for the Kubernetes pods.
500mboth results as
3.0.23 - 2018-02-17
Requires collectorforkubernetes version 3.0 or above
- Bug: Memory view on workflow dashboard had a max limit set to 100.
- Bug: Events view on overview dashboard had a max limit set to 100.
3.0.22 - 2018-02-07
Requires collectorforkubernetes version 3.0 or above
- Added support for containers deployed without Kubernetes.
- Added CPU Quota, CPU Shares, Throttled and Memory Limit and Request Overlays on Container and Pod Dashboards.
- Indexing Kubernetes events in sourcetype kubernetes_events
- Performance improvement on Dashboards by combining multiple charts using one common search.
- New "Review/Allocatable Resources" dashboard to track limits and requests for CPU and Memory.
- New "Review/Privileged containers and enabled capabilities" dashboard to list all privileged containers and enabled security capabilities for containers.
- New Overview dashboard to easy navigate within the application.
- New Aggregated metrics dashboard for specific Workload.
- Fixed bug on Process Dashboard, some charts did not filter by host.
- "Setup: Collectors" now supports collectorforkubernetes images distributed via private registries.
- "Overview: Process" dashboard did not use Span token for timechart dashboards.
- "Top: Containers" fixed incorrect memory usage (showed double size)
- Added alerts in application for notification about outdated collector versions and expired licenses for collector.
- Hide Wait Read/Write IO panels, when this data is not available.
- In process Dashboard show VmRSS with RssAnon, RssFile, and RssShmem.
- Support for Splunk indexing acknowledgment.
- Watching for Kubernetes/OpenShift events.
- HTTP Proxy support for License server and Splunk output.
- Allow to configure destination indices for different types of data in collector configuration (stats, logs, host logs, proc stats and events).
- Handling responses from HTTP Event Collector to skip invalid events (will be logged).
- If container is running, but Kubernetes does not provide metadata, allow to wait for metadata.
- Collect security capabilities and uid/gid.
- For Kubernetes/OpenShift environments recognize containers scheduled outside of Pods and load metadata directly from docker.
- Support for custom labels, specified with collector configuration.
- Support OpenShift/Kubernetes annotations "collectord.io/..." to configure destination indices, sourcetypes and sources for pods, workloads and namespaces.
- Support for partial logs without join rules.
- Bug. Use local timezone by default for local syslog files.
- Bug. Fix small memory leak on deleted containers.
- Bug. When collector is failing to send data to Splunk, impossible to stop collector with terminate.
2.1 - 2017-10-22
Requires collectorforkubernetes version 22.214.171.124210 or above
- Implemented collectors dashboard to track number of collectors, their versions and used licenses.
- Fallback to the process IO statistics when blkio is not available.
- Fix IO statistic graphs, showed average, when sum should be used.
- Fields extraction support for nginx ingress 0.9 and above.
- collector* - Improved resistance for storage failures.
- collector* - License checks reporting.
- collector* - Better support for openshift environment (default configuration).
2.0 - 2017-10-22
Requires collectorforkubernetes version 126.96.36.199023 or above
- Better labels support in Dashboards.
Collector has a breaking feature, replacing format for labels from
- Process level metrics.
- Uptime for hosts and processes.
- Fields extraction for kubernetes controller manager and scheduler.
- Fields extraction and support in dashboards for main kubernetes components (setup host logs collection with collector).
- New top-like dashboards allow to monitor Hosts/Pods/Containers/Processes in real-time.
- Rewritten Kubernetes Objects Dashboards with support of Events and Labels.
- Improved dashboards navigation.
- Support for host logs.
- Other bugs and improvements based on user feedback.