Monitoring Docker - Release History
3.0 - 2018-02-07
Requires collectorfordocker version 3.0 or above
- Added CPU Quota, CPU Shares, Throttled and Memory Limit Overlays on Container Dashboards.
- Performance improvement on Dashboards by combining multiple charts using one common search.
- New "Review/Privileged containers and enabled capabilities" dashboard to list all privileged containers and enabled security capabilities for containers.
- Fixed bug on Process Dashboard, some charts did not filter by host.
- "Overview: Process" dashboard did not use Span token for timechart dashboards.
- "Top: Containers" fixed incorrect memory usage (showed double size)
- Added alerts in application for notification about outdated collector versions and expired licenses for collector.
- Hide Wait Read/Write IO panels, when this data is not available.
- In process Dashboard show VmRSS with RssAnon, RssFile, and RssShmem.
- Support for Splunk indexing acknowledgment.
- HTTP Proxy support for License server and Splunk output.
- Allow to configure destination indices for different types of data in collector configuration (stats, logs, host logs, proc stats and events).
- Handling responses from HTTP Event Collector to skip invalid events (will be logged).
- If container is running, but Docker does not provide metadata, allow to wait for metadata.
- Collect security capabilities and uid/gid.
- Support for custom labels, specified with collector configuration.
- Support for partial logs without join rules.
- Bug. Use local timezone by default for local syslog files.
- Bug. Fix small memory leak on deleted containers.
- Bug. When collector is failing to send data to Splunk, impossible to stop collector with terminate.
- Fixed: Support for Docker running on CentOS (metadata is not attached to metrics).
- Fixed: Messages "WARN ... proc.go:441: Unparsable line from /rootfs/proc/X/status" caused by new Linux kernel that reports empty line in proc file system.
- Add HTTP read timeouts (handle gateway timeouts, 504).
- Correctly parse HTTP Event Responses when one of few events fail to be indexed (as an example, wrong index).
- Show the index name in the output, when Splunk reports incorrect index.
2.1 - 2017-10-22
Requires collectorfordocker version 18.104.22.168210 or above
- Implemented collectors dashboard to track number of collectors, their versions and used licenses.
- Fallback to the process IO statistics when blkio is not available.
- Fix IO statistic graphs, showed average, when sum should be used.
- collector - Improved resistance for storage failures.
- collector - License checks reporting.
2.0 - 2017-10-22
Requires collectorfordocker version 22.214.171.124023 or above
- Better labels support in Dashboards.
Collector has a breaking feature, replacing format for labels from
- Process level metrics.
- Uptime for hosts and processes.
- Fields extraction and support in dashboards for docker daemon (setup host logs collection with collector).
- New top dashboards allow to monitor Hosts/Containers/Processes in real-time.
- Improved dashboards navigation.
- Support for host logs.
- Other bugs and improvements based on user feedback.