We develop applications for Splunk. We develop applications for Splunk, that allows you to monitor containerized applications. We develop these applications because we love containers. Of course, we use containers in our development workflow.
Today we are happy to share with you our development practices, the way we use Splunk Image and App Inspect to build our applications.
We are open sourcing two projects:
- Boilerplate of Splunk app and developer scripts, that allows you to leverage docker for development, feel free to use it to build and deliver Splunk Applications.
- Docker Image with Splunk AppInspect, that we will support moving forward, and keep up to date.
The benefits of using our Boilerplate app:
- Splunk is distributed as Docker Image, if you broke something, tear down the environment and create a new one.
- Splunk can be preconfigured with any possible requirements you might have, that you can define with Splunk configuration files.
- Support for Splunk Licenses, if you have Splunk Development License.
- Default configurations allow you to start developing right away.
- Check our section of Tips & Tricks.
And it is easy to get started
Step 0. Bootstrap your application, by following our step-by-step guidance
Step 1. Splunk Up to bootstrap your Splunk environment
Step 2. Splunk Logs to wait when Splunk is ready
Step 3. Splunk Web to open your application in Splunk Web
Read more on GitHub.